Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Receiver Shield for Arduino: 315MHz / 433MHz
315MHz and 433MHz wireless connections are very commonly used by consumer electronics including weather stations, home automation remote controls, power consumption meters, car alarms, and also many DIY projects. The “Weather Station Receiver” project in the book “Practical Arduino” shows how to intercept the signals from a La Crosse weather station and decode them using an Arduino.
This pre-assembled shield implements the receiver circuit from the book, allowing you to get started quickly and start receiving data straight away.
It’s also fully compatible with the “VirtualWire” library by Mike McAuley, allowing you to receive serial communications sent using a compatible transmitter.
- Fully pre-assembled except for headers.
- Includes stackable headers that you can solder in place.
- “RXB6” receiver module (either 315MHz or 433MHz, depending on model) with the data connection wired to Arduino pin 8 to allow signal timing analysis.
- Header pin for connecting antenna wire.
- Red and green debugging LEDs to display signal reception status.
- Red and green general-purpose surface-mount LEDs with current limiting resistors.
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin.
- Blue “power” LED to show when the Arduino is supplying power to the shield.
- Huge prototyping area where you can add your own parts.
- Clearly marked GND and 5V rails beside prototyping area.
- Clear overlay markings on both the top and the bottom! Makes it easy to solder connections on the bottom without having to keep turning it over to check the position of parts.
- Gold-plated surface: solders easily and very resistant to finger oil, etc.
- Power supply smoothing capacitors pre-fitted.
- Getting Started guide (PDF)
- Project Worksheet / Schematic (PDF)
- Hardware design files on GitHub
- “315/433MHz Receiver Shield” section of the Freetronics Forum
- VirtualWire library
This Product is offered and supplied by Tandy pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesOutdoor & GardenEducation and EducatorsPre-School & Baby ToysDrone AccessoriesDronesBatteries & PowerBatteriesScooters, Bikes & Ride OnGaming Console AccessoriesRole PlayBoard Games & PuzzlesEducational & LearningHardwareArts & CraftWirelessSports & OutdoorsVideo GamesGadgets & NoveltiesArduinoSpy GearSensorsGaming ConsolesAction Cases & Photo AccessoriesBuilding Toys & BlocksLego