Added to Cart
Pro2 10M Cat6 Crossover Lead
Pro2 10M Cat6 Crossover Lead
Black & Yellow - Pro2
PRO2 CAT6 UTP Crossover Leads
What’s the difference between CAT 5e patch cable and CAT 5e crossover cable?
The difference has to do with the wiring of the cable and the situation in which you will use the cable. On a CAT 5e patch cable, the wiring configuration is identical on both ends of the cable. On a CAT 5e crossovercable, the wiring of pins 1, 2, 3, and 6 are crossed-over to pins 3, 6, 1, and 2.
CAT 5e crossover cables are used in situations where two devices have the same interface, for example, connecting a hub to a hub, or a switch to a switch, or even when patching a hub orswitch into a wallplate.
The most common use is to connect two PCs directly to each other, without the use of any kind of router, hub, or switch. This is called a peer-to-peer network, and is a low-cost solutionto allow file and Internet sharing between two computers.
Category 6 cable, commonly referred to as Cat-6, is a cable standard for Gigabit Ethernet and other network protocols that are backward compatible with the Category 5/5e and Category 3 cable standards. Compared with Cat-5 andCat-5e, Cat-6 features more stringent specifications for crosstalk and system noise. The cable standard provides performance of up to 250 MHz and is suitable for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet), 1000BASE-T / 1000BASE-TX (Gigabit Ethernet) and 10GBASE-T (10-Gigabit Ethernet).
To maintain transmission characteristics and network integrity, it’s essential to use the correct type of patch-cord to match the installation. A network port will perform only at the level of the LOWEST-rated component in the chain.
If a Cat-5 or Cat-5E patch-cord is used in a Cat-6 system, only Cat-5 or Cat-5E specifications will be achieved for that circuit. Furthermore many manufactuers have cables that do not meet the strict requirements set outin the CAT6 certification. Pro2 cables are batch tested to maintain the high quality required to meet CAT6 certification across all lengths available.Pro2 CAT6 cables pass the Fluke Linkware Cable Test Management performance tests
Meanwhile, equivalent CAT6 cables from leading competitorsin the market do not pass the same performance test. View the relevant PDF files down below:
- View the Pro2 Cat6 cable test result (239kb)
- View the test results of twoleading competitors (424kb)
- UTP CAT6 Crossover Lead – Each cord has eight multi-strand conductors in 4 twisted-pair
- Quality cable material – Fitted with 50µª Category-6 compliant 2-row (staggered pins) plug and fully-molded strain-relief boot.
- Molded strain relief & Low profile flush moulded boots – With molded strain relief RJ45 male-to-male connectors this cable will be strong, and robust.
- Packaged in heat-sealed hang-sell bags.
- Complies with the applicable electrical transmission characteristics specified in: ISO/IEC 11801 Category 6
- Complies with the applicable electrical transmission characteristics specified in: TIA/EIA-568-B.2-1 Category 6
Category 6 Cable Standard:
- Category 6 is a standard that aims to support transmission at frequencies up to 250 MHz over 100 ohm twisted pair.
- Supports current Category 6 applications such as 100BaseTX, 100BaseVG, ATM, Gigabit Ethernet and all fast Ethernet protocols.
To distinguish a Cat-6 plug from a Cat-5 or a Cat-5E plug, just simply look at the way the cable’s wires have been terminated at the end of the plug:
- A Cat-5 or a Cat-5E plug will ALWAYS have all eight wires in a single row
- The majority of Cat-6 plugs will have wires in two rows with four wires per row
- Some Cat-6 plugs will have wires in two rows with 6 wires in the top row and 2 wires in the bottom row
- 15mt (crossover lead not available in 15mt length)
Available in the following colours:
This Product is offered and supplied by Tandy pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesTV & Video - AntennasTV & Video - Apple TVTV & Video - Blu-Ray PlayersTV & Video - Cables & AdaptersTV & Video - ChromecastTV & Video - ComponentsTV & Video - DVD & Blu-RayTV & Video - DVD PlayersTV & Video - External StorageTV & Video - Home TheatreTV & Video - LED TelevisionsTV & Video - Over & On-Ear HeadphonesTV & Video - Remote ControlsTV & Video - Set-top Boxes (PVR / DVR)TV & Video - Smart HomeTurntablesWall Mounts