Added to Cart
More deals you may like
pi-top with Raspberry Pi 3
INCLUDES Raspberry Pi 3 with WiFi and Bluetooth.
The Raspberry Pi open source laptop that you’ve been waiting for has arrived with the Pi-Top! With this kit you can build your very own “laptop” which at it’s core runs off of the famous Raspberry Pi.
The laptop case comes with a screen, base top, base bottom, and the Pi-Top Hub PCB to take care of power management, the screen driver, and more for you.
The mission of Pi-Top is to take users from a beginner level to an advanced level of programming, design, and comfort. Let’s get computing!
What’s in the box?
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
Screen – Connect the screen by simply slotting the metal hinge into the base bottom piece. A single cable is plugged into the Pi-Top Hub and away you go!
Base Top – Attach and remove the base top piece by sliding it over the base bottom and pressing down. You will hear a satisfying ‘click’ when you have popped it into place.
Base Bottom – The base bottom contains the battery and modular rail where you will pop in the Hub and Raspberry Pi 3. No wires or tools are required, like a lego laptop you snap everything into place. The Pi-Top smart battery pack is protected by a sheet of brushed stainless steel, so you can be sure your battery is securely in place.
Hub – With over 150 components on this circuit board, the Pi-Top Hub PCB takes care of power management, our screen driver and a host of other functionality which allows us to turn the Raspberry Pi into a great open source laptop.
- 1x – 8GB SD Card with Pi-Top OS
- Cables connecting Pi-Top pieces
- Charger with AUS plug
- Instruction Booklet
- Screen Details:
- 13.3” HD LCD screen with eDP interface
- 1366×768 resolution
- Colour active matrix TFT LCD module with anti-glare finish
- 3W power consumption
- PWM screen dim control (available on PCB rail)
- 60Hz refresh rate
- 262K colours
- eDP 1.2 interface
- Base Top:
- Fully reprogrammable via USB
- Any character can be put on any key position, to suit user’s exact preferences
- UK and US vinyl layouts available
- 2.2mm operating distance
- 28 pin FPC cable
- PalmCheck feature helps prevents unwanted mouse clicks
- PS/2 interface
- 1N mouse click operating force
- 8 pin FPC cable
- Base Bottom:
- Smart Battery Pack
- Two-wire SMBus v2.0 interface
- JEITA recommended charge profile
- Over-current, over-voltage, over-temperature and short-circuit protection
- Charge balancing for extenxed lifetime
- 51.8 Watt-hour capacity
- 10-12 hours run time
- Power management
- Screen driver (HDMI to eDP conversion)
- Battery LED indicators
- 18V. 3A input
- 5V. 3.5A output
- 3.3V 500mA output
- Persistent 3.3V output (available even when powered off)
- PCB rail specification pinout connects UART, I2C and SPI to Raspberry Pi for use with add-on boards.
- Dimensions (assembled): 342mm x 211mm x 45mm / 13.5” x 8.3” x 1.8”
- Weight (assembled with a Pi inside): 1515g / 3.3lb
You can add a prototyping shield here to hook up all your cool electronics.
And some speakers for your pi-top tunes here
This Product is offered and supplied by Tandy pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesVideo GamesRaspberry PiComponentsBatteriesScooters, Bikes & Ride OnRoboticsScooters, Bikes & Ride OnsEducation and EducatorsPlaysetsSensorsBuilding Toys & BlocksSpy GearEducational & Learning (Toys)Outdoor & GardenGaming ConsolesAction Toys & FigurinesDolls & Soft ToysArduinoCables & AdaptersDevelopment ToolsWirelessDrone AccessoriesBoard Games & PuzzlesKid's MusicAction Cases & Photo Accessories