Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Would you like to learn electronics, with an all-in-one board that has sensors and LEDs built in? Circuit Playground is here – and it’s the best way to practice programming on real hardware with no soldering or sewing required!
Circuit Playground features an ATmega32u4 processor, just like Adafruit’s popular Flora. The board’s also round and has alligator-clip pads around it so you don’t have to solder or sew to make it work. You can power it from USB, a AAA battery pack, or with a Lipoly battery (for advanced users). Just program your code into the board then take it on the go!
- ATmega32u4 Processor, running at 3.3V and 8MHz
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging with Arduino IDE
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI
Circuit Playground has built-in USB support. Built in USB means you plug it in to program it and it just shows up. All you really need is a Micro-B data/sync USB cable – not included! With the new 1.6.4+ Arduino IDE, it takes only a few seconds to add support. The Circuit Playground has USB HID support, so it can act like a mouse or keyboard and attach directly to computers.
Here’s some of the great goodies baked in:
- 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1 x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1 x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1 x Light sensor (phototransistor)
- 1 x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1 x Mini speaker (magnetic buzzer)
- 2 x Push buttons, left and right
- 1 x Slide switch
- 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
Includes I2C, UART, and 4 pins that can do analog inputs/PWM output
- All 8 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs
- Green “ON” LED so you know its powered
- Red “#13” LED for basic blinking
- Reset button
We’ve started out with a Developer Edition of Circuit Playground. This version is designed for people who have a little experience with Arduino already, who want to help build & document projects. There might be minor hardware or software bugs. Once they feel like the design is really solid they’ll revise/re-release it into a universal edition for anyone to use!
This Product is offered and supplied by Tandy pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesDrone AccessoriesRoboticsScooters, Bikes & Ride OnsEducational & Learning (Toys)Gaming Console AccessoriesArduinoLegoAction Cases & Photo AccessoriesSensorsRemote Control ToysGadgets & NoveltiesVideo GamesArts & CraftGaming ConsolesDevelopment ToolsBoard Games & PuzzlesBatteriesPre-School & Baby ToysHardwareRaspberry PiEducational & LearningDronesPlaysetsCollectablesWireless