Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Chemtools 8480 High Strength Adhesive
Cyanoacrylate Impact Metal Blk
ChemTools 8480 Cyanoacrylate Adhesive – Medium Viscosity, Black Rubber Toughened
Tough Instant Adhesive 8480 – Metal to Metal, ideal for bonding rubbers, magnets, metals and plastics.
Cyanocrylate adhesives offer a major advantage over other types of adhesive systems. They are a single componentadhesive, fast curing at room temperature, solvent free and resistant to many environmental factors.
ChemTools 8480 is medium viscosity combined with fast cure speed, and excellent resistance to peel and shock loads. It is specially formulated to bond various Rubbers, Metals and Plastics for use in difficult environments.
- One part adhesive
- Solvent free
- Fast curing at room temperature
- High Tensile shear strength
- Ideal for bonding Rubbers, Magnets, Metals and Plastics.
- Ideal for Speaker Assemblies, Automotive Parts, Electronic Components, Electrical Parts, Computer Assemblies, Disk Drives, etc.
- Composition Rubber Toughened Ethyl Cyanoacrylate
- Appearance Black liquid
- Viscosity 300 cps
25 °C, Brookfield RTV</li> <li> Flash Point (TCC), °C > 93</li> <li> Specific Gravity25°C 1.1
Typical Cure Speed – Substrate Fixture Time, (Seconds)
- Neoprene Rubber 12 – 22
- Nitrile Rubber 12 – 22
- SBR Rubber 15 – 25
- Steel 60 – 100
- Aluminum 10 – 25
- Phenolic Materials 10 – 50
- Polycarbonate 30 – 80
- Gap Filling 0.3mm
- Tensile Shear Strength 13-28 n/mm2
- Service Temperature Range -60 to +80°C
- Full Cure 24 hours
- Melting Point Temperature 160 to 170°C
- Glass transition temperature, °C 150
- Coefficient of thermal expansion, ASTM D696, K-1 80× 10-6
- Coefficient of thermal conductivity, ASTM C177 W.m-1K-1 0.1
- Dielectric strength, ASTM D149, kV/mm 25
- Dielectric constant, 25°C, ASTM D150 2.75
Shear Strength ASTM D 1002, DIN 53283
- Neoprene Rubber >12 N/mm2
- Nitrile Rubber >12 N/mm2
- SBR Rubber >10 N/mm2
- PVC >6 N/mm2
- Aluminum >19 N/mm2
- Steel >28 N/mm2
- Polycarbonate >7 N/mm2
- ABS >7 N/mm2
Chemical Resistance Properties:
- Chemical Temp. (% Initial strength retained 500 hours & 1000 hours)
- Isopropanol 22°C – 85% & 85%
- Petrol 22°C – 80% & 75%
- Motor Oil 40°C – 90% & 90%
- Mineral Spirit 22°C – 90% & 90%
- All surfaces must be clean, dry, dust and grease free. Best result will be achieved with surfaces that have been lightly abraded immediatelyprior to bonding.
- If using accelerator apply to one component surfaceonly. Apply thin film of adhesive to the other surface and bring the pieces together immediately. Hold for few seconds without disturbing the joints.
- When bonding “O” rings, cut a fresh surface onto each end of the rubber to gain the best possible strength.
This Product is offered and supplied by Tandy pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.