All products purchased from Dick Smith come with a manufacturer's warranty. Your tax invoice or receipt is your proof of purchase for any warranty claim. To find out more about your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, please view our return's policy here.
Extended warrantiesExtended warranty is also available on selected items through Dick Smith at the time of purchase in store or online.
If an extended warranty is available for a product you are buying online, you can add the extended warranty by selecting the extended warranty length from the ‘Extend your warranty’ drop down menu on the product page. Warranties are not sold separately. Please view our return's policy here.
Dick Smith Own-Label 12 Month Manufacturer's Warranty
Australian Purchases of any Dick Smith, Digitor or Distinct brand product only
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Where a failure does not amount to a major failure, Dick Smithis entitled to choose between providing you with a repair, replacement or refund. To obtain compensation, you would need to provide documentary evidence of the loss or damage suffered, and documentary evidence that such loss or damage was a reasonably foreseeable consequence of a failure by Dick Smith to comply with a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law. Such evidence may include photographs, statutory declarations, receipts or reports (eg. from your doctor), depending on the loss or damage.
- In addition to all rights and remedies to which you may be entitled under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Commonwealth) and any other relevant legislation, the manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
- In order to claim under this warranty you will need to bring the product to any Dick Smith store in the country of purchase, along with proof of purchase (typically this will be a receipt). Any cost incurred by you in bringing the product to the service desk to activate your rights under this manufacturer’s warranty will be borne by you. We will then, at our option, either repair or replace the product, or refund your money and take back the product – in accordance with our Returns Policy, a copy of which is available at our web site www.dicksmith.com.au (Australia) as well as in our stores.
- Our liability under this manufacturer's warranty is subject to us being satisfied that a defect was caused by defective workmanship or materials, and was not caused by or substantially contributed to by other factors, or circumstances beyond our control, including (but not limited to) defective installation, maintenance or repair, alteration or modification of the product in a manner not recommended by the manufacturers or any neglect, misuse or excessive use.
- The benefits conferred by this manufacturer's warranty are in addition to and in no way exclude, restrict or modify all rights and remedies conveyed by the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Commonwealth) and any other statutory rights to which you may already be entitled or any such rights or remedies that are implied by law.
- This warranty is provided by Dick Smith Electronics Ltd, 2 Davidson Street, Chullora, NSW, Australia 2190, ph +61 2 9642 9100 for goods purchased within Australia.