Terms and Conditions
- 1. General
- 2. Compliance
- 3. Placing an order for products
- 4. Acceptance or rejection of an order
- 5. Back orders
- 6. Restricted products
- 7. Minimum and maximum amounts in each order
- 8. Delivery of products
- 9. Risk and title
- 10. Cancelling an order
- 11. Fees and charges
- 1.1This Dick Smith Shopping site at dicksmith.com.au, (the “Site”) is a shopping website where you can browse, select and order products from Dick Smith Electronics Pty Limited (ABN 34 000 908 716) (“Dick Smith Electronics”, “us” or “we”).
1.2Your access to and use of the Site, including your order of Products through the Site, is governed by these terms and conditions.
- 2.2You agree to comply with all relevant laws relating to your use of the Site and your placement of any order through the Site.
Top3. Placing an order for products
- 3.1You may order Products by selecting and submitting your order through the Site in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 3.2Any order placed through this Site for a Product is an offer by you to purchase the particular Product for the price notified (including the delivery and other charges and taxes) at the time you place the order.
- 3.3We may ask you to provide additional details or require you to confirm your details to enable us to process any orders placed through the Site.
- 3.4You agree to provide us with current, complete and accurate details when asked to do so by the Site.
Top4. Acceptance or rejection of an order
- 4.1In certain circumstances, we may need to reject your order. This may happen where the requested Product is not available or if there is an error in the price or the product description posted on the Site.
- 4.2Each order placed for Products through the Site that we accept results in a separate binding agreement between you and us for the supply of those Products. For each order accepted by us, we will:
- supply the Products in that order to you in accordance with these terms and conditions; and
- provide you with an email confirmation of that order.
- 4.3If we reject an order placed through the Site, then we will endeavour to notify you of that rejection at the time you place the order or within a reasonable time after you submit your order.
Top5. Back orders
- 5.1If we determine that we do not have a particular Product in your order in stock, then we will use reasonable endeavours for 30 days to order the relevant Product (“Back Ordered Products”). In this instance, we will notify you of the relevant Back Ordered Products and the anticipated delivery date.
- 5.2Our Back Order Policy is incorporated into these terms and conditions. You can view our Back Order Policy here.
Top6. Restricted products
- 6.1If you are:
- under 18 years of age, then you may not use the Site to order a film or a game that is classified R 18+; and
- under 15 years of age, then you may not use the Site to order a film or game that is classified MA 15+ unless:
- you have the consent of your parent or guardian; and
- you live in and the Delivery Address for the order is in:
- for a film that is classified MA 15+, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, the Northern Territory, the Australian Capital Territory or Tasmania; and
- for a game that is classified MA 15+, Victoria, South Australia, the Northern Territory, the Australian Capital Territory or Tasmania.
- 6.2If you are under 15 years of age, then you may use the Site to place an order for a film or game that is classified MA 15+ if:
- you live in and the Delivery Address for the order is in Queensland; and
- you are accompanied by a person that is 18 years of age or older at the time the order is placed and at the time of delivery of the order.
- subject to certain limited exceptions specified by law, acknowledge that it is against the law to sell or supply a Restricted Film or a Restricted Game to, or obtain a Restricted Film or a Restricted Game on behalf of, a person under the age of 15 years (for a game or a film that is classified MA 15+) and 18 years (for a game or a film that is classified as R 18+); and
- warrant that you are not obtaining a Restricted Film or a Restricted Game on behalf of a person that is not of the appropriate legal age referred to in (a) above, unless you are permitted to do so by law.
Top7. Minimum and maximum amounts in each order
- 7.1The minimum purchase amount for each order is $40.00 excluding the Delivery Fee. If specified on the Site for a particular Product, you may only obtain up to the maximum amount of that Product (if any) specified on our Site.
Top8. Delivery of products
- 8.1We will only deliver Products ordered through the Site to a location where we provide delivery services.
- 8.2You may obtain further information on the Site about our delivery timeframes and how we deliver certain Products. The Delivery Fee for your order depends on the type of Product you order (in particular, the size and weight of the Product).
- 8.3You agree to comply with certain delivery requirements specified below and such other requirements that we notify you when you place your order through the Site.
- 8.4We also recommend that you be present to accept the delivery of your order if you have paid by credit card.
- 8.5We may require the person accepting the delivery of your order to:
- provide us with proof of that person’s identity (including photographic identification) and, where relevant, age. If the order has been paid by credit card, then we may also ask you to show us the credit card for us to conduct our verification checks; and
- where relevant, provide us with proof that the consents referred to under the “Restricted Products” section of these terms and conditions have been obtained.
- 8.6If there is no one or no appropriate person (for example, above 18 years old) at the Delivery Address to receive the order or, if you are required to be present at the time of delivery and you are not present at that time, then we will not deliver the Products you have ordered. In this instance, we will endeavour to contact you or you may contact us to arrange for delivery at a different time, and we may charge you an additional Delivery Fee for that replacement delivery.
- acknowledge and agree that any person at the Delivery Address who receives the Products is authorised by you to receive your order; and
- will ensure that the person receiving any Restricted Film or Restricted Game or other relevant Restricted Products is over the required age as prescribed by law and, in the circumstances referred to in these terms and conditions, you are, or accompanied by a person that is over the age of 18 years.
- 8.8We will not deliver a Restricted Film or a Restricted Game to a person that is not of the appropriate legal age or if you are in breach of any of these terms and conditions. In this instance, we will cancel the order and refund any amounts paid for that order under these terms and conditions (excluding the Delivery Fee).
Top9. Risk and title
- 9.1Risk and title to the Products passes to you on the date and time of delivery to the Delivery Address.
Top10. Cancelling an order
- 10.1We may cancel any part of an order (including any orders that we have accepted) without any liability to you for that cancellation at any time if:
- the Products in that order are not available; or
- there is an error in the price or the product description posted on the Site for the Product in that order; or
- that we reasonably believe your order has been placed in breach of these terms and conditions.
- 10.2If we do so, then we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of that cancellation, and will not charge you for the cancelled order.
- 10.3You may cancel an order (whether it is accepted by us or not) by contacting Customer Service during Contact Hours at any time prior to the dispatch of that order. Once the order has been dispatched for delivery to you, then you may return the relevant Products in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Top11. Fees and charges
- 11.1We will charge you, and you agree to pay, the purchase price of each Product that is ordered, the delivery fee for your order that we notify to you when you place your order (“Delivery Fee”) and any other fees and charges set out in these terms and conditions.
- 11.2All fees and charges identified in these terms and conditions and all prices for the Products include GST where applicable.
- 11.3The purchase price of each Product is shown on the product list on the Site at the time you place your order. The purchase price of a Product on the Site may not be the same or correspond to the prices in any of our stores for the same Product and we are not obliged to match any prices.
- 11.4Just like in our stores, prices for Products change from time to time and we do not provide any notice of these changes. Subject to these terms and conditions (and in particular, our Back Order Policy), once we have accepted your order, we will not change any prices that apply to the Products in that order.
- 11.5If you cancel an order then:
- subject to (b), we will refund any amounts paid by you for that cancelled order;
- we will not refund the Delivery Fees where the Products in your cancelled order have been dispatched for delivery.
Top12. Payment methods
- 12.1You may pay the fees and charges for an accepted order using the following payment methods:
- the following credit cards:
- Woolworths Everyday Money® Credit Card;
- American Express; and
- Diners Club; or
- other payment methods:
- PayPal; and
- WISH gift cards.
- 12.2If we are unable to successfully process your credit card or PayPal payment for your order that is accepted by us, then we may cancel your order.
- 12.3If we have previously agreed that you are a business customer that may obtain Products from us on a deferred payment basis, then we will invoice you the fees and charges for the Products you have ordered when the aggregate amount payable by you for all orders placed under these terms and conditions reaches or exceeds the agreed amount. You must pay us the fees and charges in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 12.4If you choose to pay by credit card or PayPal, you authorise us to debit the amount that is payable for an accepted order from your nominated credit card or PayPal account.
- 12.5You must not pay, or attempt to pay, for Products through any fraudulent or unlawful means.
- 12.6We will provide you with a receipt at time of delivery which specifies the total fees and charges for the Products in the order.
Top13. Damaged Products and returns
- 13.1You must check any Product delivered to you to determine if it is damaged. If a Product is damaged on delivery, then you should refuse to take receipt of that Product and notify us through our Customer Service. If you notice damage to a Product after delivery, you should notify us within 14 days of delivery. If so, you may return the product to us in accordance with this clause.
- 13.2If you wish to return a Product that is not damaged and that was provided to you under these terms and conditions, then you may return that Product in accordance with our Returns Policy.
- 13.3Our Returns Policy is incorporated into these terms and conditions. You can view our Returns Policy here. You must provide us with the invoice we issued to you for your order to make a claim under this clause. If you fail to do so, then we may not provide you with a refund.
- 13.4We will not refund the Delivery Fee where the Products have been delivered to you, unless you are returning the Product because it was damaged.
- 14.1Subject to clause 14.3, we exclude all implied terms and warranties whether statutory or otherwise, relating to the Site or the subject matter of this agreement. You acknowledge that the Site is provided “as is” and that we do not make any warranty or representation as to the suitability of the Site or a Product for any purpose.
- 14.2Subject to clause 14.3, we will not be liable to you for indirect and consequential loss (including without limitation for loss of revenue, loss of profits, failure to realise expected profits or savings and any other commercial or economic loss of any kind) or loss or corruption of data, in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including negligence) arising from or connected to this agreement.
- 14.3Where any law implies in this agreement any term, and that law voids or prohibits provisions which exclude or modify the operation of such term, then the term is taken to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for breach of such term will be, if permitted by law, limited to one of the following remedies (at our option):
- in the case of services: the resupply of the services; or the payment of the cost of resupply; and
- in the case of goods: the replacement of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods; the payment of the cost of replacing the goods (or of acquiring equivalent goods), or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- 14.4Our liability to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of this agreement or in connection with the relationship established by it is reduced to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage. This reduction applies whether our liability is in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise.
- 14.5Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit or exclude any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- 15.1We may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to and use of the Site and (where relevant) your account if you breach these terms and conditions and:
- the breach cannot be remedied; or
- you fail to the remedy the breach within 10 days of our notice to you of that breach; or
- if there is an emergency.
- 15.2We may stop making the Site (or any part of it) available without prior notice. If so, any orders that we have accepted will not be affected by this unless the Products that have been ordered are no longer available or we are prevented from supplying the Products, in which case, we will notify you and will refund to you all valid payments received by us for those Products.
Top16. Changes to these terms and conditions
- 16.1For future orders, these terms may be different and so we recommend that you read these terms carefully each time you agree to them during the ordering process.
- 16.2We will not change any terms and conditions for an existing order that has been accepted by us, the terms and conditions that will apply to the order, are the terms and conditions that applied at the time you placed your order.
- 17.2We will collect your personal information through your use of the Site or through your personal contact with us. You agree for us to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in ways we consider appropriate namely:
- for the purpose of and incidental to providing our products and services to you in a secure way. This includes uses and disclosures which we require to operate the Site; and
- with, to and from third parties who provide services to us in relation to online shopping. These may include mailing houses, call centres, gateway providers, delivery service providers and organisations that assist us to check for or prevent unauthorised or fraudulent transactions.
- for other purposes to which you consent to (either express or inferred consent).
- 17.3We may transfer your personal information to others in countries outside Australia. We will only do this within the scope of clause 17.2.
- 17.4You may access your personal information, by logging into your registered account or by contacting us.
- 18.1If the whole or any part of a provision of this agreement is void, unenforceable or illegal in a jurisdiction it is severed for that jurisdiction. The remainder of this agreement has full force and effect and the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction is not affected. This clause has no effect if the severance alters the basic nature of this agreement or is contrary to public policy.
- 18.2This agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place.
Capitalised terms used are defined in these terms and conditions. In these terms:
- Classification Board means the Classification Board established under the Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Act 1995 (Cwlth).
- Contact Hours means 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (Sydney time).
- Delivery Address means the address specified by you during the customer registration process for the delivery of Products that we will supply to you under these terms and conditions.
- GST has the meaning it has in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cwlth).
- LoginID means the email address that you provided to us as part of the registration process to use the Site.
- MA 15+ means the MA 15+ classification in the Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Act 1995 (Cwlth).
- R 18+ means the R 18+ classification in the Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Act 1995 (Cwlth).
- Product means each good or service that is advertised on the Site.
- Restricted Film means a film that has been classified MA 15+ or R 18+ by the Classification Board.
- Restricted Game means a computer game that has been classified MA 15+ by the Classification Board.
- Restricted Product means a Product that is subject to certain restrictions (for example, age restrictions) on its sale by a relevant law, such as a Restricted Film or a Restricted Game.